I was very ill last September. I was so sick that during that time I quit smoking. It wasn't really a decision. It wasn't a bronchial ick. I was just in so much pain and discomfort that I couldn't leave my bed to smoke, and I didn't smoke in my bedroom.
During the weeks that I was confined to my bed I received a couple large packages in the mail with a senders name but no return address. I let them sit outside my door for a day or so thinking that whoever was expecting them might come get them realizing that they were delivered to me. When that didn't happen I moved them into my livingroom. There they sat and, like everything else in my livingroom, collected dust.
At one point after my recuperationess I peeled the label off the box (only one box had a label). I called FedEx three times trying to explain that the boxes were not for me. The major flaw in my rational was that they were addressed to my current correct address and there was no name listed for recipient. Once I realized that the shipper considered it done shipped I did some searches for the senders name. Of course they were not listed. Apparently the items therein were shipped to themselves from an independant third party.
And there they sat since September, unopened. Nothing started to smell to bad so I figure it wasn't puppies or Fruit o' the Month. And there they sat... collecting more dust. And there they sat... clawed by Dander and Cortez (mostly Dander cuz Cortez would rather claw the floor). And there they sat... until my mother moved them from one corner to another. And there they sat... until earlier this evening.
What, you ask, was inside... All gifts from the Pebble Beach pro shop.
One box full of round soapish looking things. Each is individually wrapped in tissue with a pretty foil sticker for a tree silhouette and "1919" underneath. I am not sure if each has an individual smell as they have been nested with each other for so long that it all smells kinda like bad potpourri with too much cinnamon stick and a dash of cardamom. Ewww.
One light violet terry bath robe size L/XL. I am assuming from the color that this was bought for a chick, but that could be assuming a lot. This has the 1919 tree on it. That's an old damn tree.
One pleather duffle bag. It's pretty cool but the size seems odd to me. It's like the size of a small dog or cat carrier. It's got a long removable strap on it so it must be either for someone who rents clubs or is meant to be a carry on bag. Perfect for shoving under the seat in front of you. This also had some little metal pieces with the old tree otherwise it would look like a free gift you get for listening to a timeshare presentation.
That's it.
I told you all.
Totally anticlimactic.
Now I have to figure out what to do with it all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Sell it on EBay.
Post a Comment