Team changes that have had the biggest impact in my life.
Cat Stevens converts to Islam - You know me, your religion is your business, until you make it mine :) How could he just leave us like that? George Harrison found religion and so did Bob Dylan, and they both went on to write some killer tunes. When Bob sang "It might be the Devil or it might be the Lord but you're gonna have to serve somebody..." I believed him and I took it to heart. Cat, on the other hand thought it best to actually devote his life to his ideals. Silly Cat.
Wayne leaves Edmonton - Anything that makes Wayne cry is unacceptable to me. He did bring some class to the NHL when it really needed a boost, and a unifed embrace of the Kings followed throughout LA. It would have been all Roses and Rainbows if it weren't for those pesky gangs.
Zac leaves Rage - I'm sorry. I love Chris Cornell. But AudioSlave is just not angry enough. There are times the angst is inside you and you need tunes that will let it out.
Katie leaves that morning show - Okay I really could give a shit about this one.
Newfoundland joins Canada - Well it happened in 1949, but it still makes a huge difference to the title sequence of Hockey Night in Canada.
Wigand testifies in Senate hearing - Someone tell me again that tobacco isn't addictive.
Sheena Easton goes Purple - I'm not sure how she went from her baby taking the morning train to "come spend the night inside my sugar walls." I am sure, though, that I don't need to know the details.
Todd Bertuzzi is traded to Florida - Todd suckerpunched Steve Moore and broke the guys neck. I don't know how much restitution he had to pay or how many hours of anger management but it will never be enough to clear his name. That shit is all over YouTube and I'm thinking 'The Hit" preceeds the conception of YouTube. At any rate, hockey is hockey. Marcus Naslund is lost without Bert guarding the kitchen. The balance of energy is so tilted that I think even if Jovo had stayed it wouldn't have been enough to lock a playoff spot. Not that they're out or anything... but the twins can only score so many goals, and as much as I love a yummy goalie, Luongo isn't a French Canadian by any means.
Anderson Cooper outs himself - In a live on air interview with Jerry Falwell, Anderson, not exactly the Outest gay man, let one slip. Discussing something queer that Falwell obviously didn't think favorably of AC says, "You know... we pay taxes."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment