One month ago I shaved my head for charity. It was supposed to be one of those selfless Buddhist acts. Something that would, in turn, shift my focus from vanity and false pride. It's had the opposite effect though. I am moritified to go out of the house without some sort of headgear.
If you see me without a Penguins cap or a bandana (i own 30 different colors) then it's because I'm sleep walking. My hair is growing at a snails pace, as always. I can't say that I regret it because the people I work with donated $850 to the Eric Jones Fund (benefitting women and children who are victims of domestic violence) to watch me get my head saved and I was a total pussy about it. I mean I stepped up to the plate and all, but i refused to go all the way. If you know me you know that hair no longer grow on my legs or armpits so I was afraid that I would become totally bald if we went to my scalp.
My headset fits much better now though. I can get through most of the day without any major adjustment or having to re-do my hair. There is simply no hair to do. And ear buds are much more easily controlled without hair tangling up in the cord.
Yeah, I'm totally grasping at straws to find a bright side. I just have to keep reminding myself that $850 can buy a wicked pallet of Cheerios and toilet paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What?!?!?!
Holy Cow!
Post a Comment